Call: 01388 772611
Essential Fly Fishing & Fly Tying
Your information is protected.
Fish Skull® Sculpin Helmet
Great for getting your flies down deep fast.
- Mini - Fits hook sizes #10, #8, #6, #4, #2.
- Small - Fits hook sizes #6, #4, #2, #1.
- Large - Fits hook sizes #2, #1, 1/0, 2/0. (We do not stock the Large size except to order).
Note: The Mini is designed with a specially enlarged front slot to fit a wider range of hook sizes. This increased flexibility in hook sizes allows the Mini to be used in a wide variety of freshwater and saltwater streamer patterns.
How to use:-
- After tying in all your materials, complete the streamer by simply fitting the Sculpin Helmet from the front and finish off by tying a small thread dam between the skull and the hook eye.
- Start by building your streamer; tie in all the tail, body and wing materials. Wrap a small thread-head and tie off your thread. Make sure you leave a generous gap between your thread-head and the eye of the hook to have room to fit the helmet.
- Coat your thread wraps lightly with some Zap-A-Gap or similar glue and then fit the helmet from the front of the streamer. Position in place and make any final adjustments to your materials.
- Re-attach your tying thread between the helmet and the eye of the hook and wrap a thread-dam to lock the helmet firmly in place. Tie off and cement the thread wraps.
- Finish the streamer by sticking on the Living Eyes.
Pack Size: 8.
UK POSTAL CHARGE - £2.90. Should you include a heavier item to your order such as waders, boots, a fishing rod, fishing outfits, pedestal vice, landing net, large tackle bag or similar then the delivery charge would increase at checkout to £5.90. FREE POSTAGE ON ALL UK ORDERS OVER £50.00's (excluding postage)
NON UK CHARGES ON ORDERS UP TO 1 KILO - £2.90. You can get a lot in one kilo - especially Fly Tying Materials. We would contact you re cost if your order exceeded one kilo.
See Delivery Information for full details of our charges.
We aim to dispatch first class, same working day - not guaranteed but we do our best. Goods are not dispatched Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays.
GOODS OUT OF STOCK
We make every effort to ensure that goods listed are in stock.
Goods out of stock for a day or two will be sent separately. Should there be a longer delay we will contact you to ask your preference.